Thinking about registering for jamb this year? You should note that the 2023/2024 jamb registration has not yet commenced. However, you need to prepare yourself and gather all the documents needed to start the process.
An active email address, a working phone number, and registration for your national identity number with NIMC are all needed before you may formally register for Jamb (NIN).
Where Can I Apply for the Jamb?
You may enroll for Jamb at any Jamb Accredited CBT facility near you, but not at any random CBT center.
There will also be no offline registration because all approved CBT centers have been given the ability to register online in real time. Students who register for the CBT outside of a Jamb-approved registration facility will be rejected.
To register for Jamb, please follow the procedures outlined below…
- Make your own email address (one you have not used before for Jamb registration). Once you’ve completed your registration and submitted it, you will receive an email from Jamb. This is a confirmation that your account has been created and that we have received your information. You should check the email address you used to register for confirmation; if it was not received, try checking your spam folder or contacting customer support
- Obtain a working phone number from any of the network service providers (MTN, Airtel, GLO or 9mobile)
- To obtain your National Identification number, you must first register with NIMC (NIN)
- Create Your Jamb Account
How to Create a JAMB Profile
- Candidates must register with a unique phone (mobile) number (SIM). The unique phone number can only be used by one candidate (Note: This number (SIM) maintains your unique identity for all interactions with the Board.
- The candidate will text his/her NIN to 55019 or 66019 from his/her personal GSM number, for example, enter the term “NIN” then space and then your 11 digit NIN Number and send to 55019 or 66019 in this arrangement (NIN 00123456789). There should be a gap between the word “NIN” and your 11-digit NIN. (It should be noted that the number cannot have already been used to register for the UTME/DE.)
- After sending this message, you will get a 10-character profile code on the same phone number; it is this profile code that you will submit to the bank, NIPOST, or any Jamb E-pin sales point.
- When you have your Jamb profile code in hand, you can go to any of the E-pin selling locations, which include mobile money providers/microfinance institutions/online platforms are participating in NIPOST: Paga, e-Transact, TEASYPay, Packway Projects (Readycash), and Xpress payment solutions, among others.
- Purchase your E-pin at any of Jamb’s official e-pin sales points (Banks, NIPOST e.t.c)
HOW TO PAY FOR A JAMB E-PIN ON REMITA
- Go to login.remita.net/remita.
- In the ‘Name of Service/Purpose’ box, choose ‘Sales of JAMB/UTME Registration Forms’ for UTME.
- In the ‘Name of Service/Purpose’ column, choose ‘Sales of JAMB/DE Registration Forms’ for Direct Entry (DE).
- Enter your registered phone number (the one on which you received the confirmation code)
- Enter any other information and choose how you wish to pay.
- Hit Submit
- To finish your registration, go to any Jamb Registration Center.
Now that you have your E-pin and Profile code, you may finish your registration at any Jamb-approved CBT registration location.
For registration, you must PERSONALLY show your profile code and e-PIN at any JAMB authorized CBT Center. At the CBT center, your photos and biometrics (all 10 fingerprints) will be taken.
What are the responsibilities of Jamb e-pin outlet centers?
- Obtaining the Candidate’s Profile Code from his or her phone
- Collect money and send an ePIN to the candidate’s phone through SMS.
- If required, facilitate POS payment.
- Provide Payment Proof
- Candidates receive their ePINs electronically. (This should not be handwritten.)
- You must bring this e-pin to the CBT registration location for Jamb registration; if you lose your E-pin, you might recover it by sending [UTMEPIN] or [DEPIN] to 55019 or 66019 from the unique number.
- The candidate’s unique number would then be used to get the ePIN.
Can I register for the JAMB using a laptop?
YES, you may register for Jamb at a Jamb-accredited registration facility. You cannot register for Jamb using a laptop or personal computer, and neither can you register for Jamb in a cyber café.